-   -   5.7 x86_64 DVD iso (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/581665-5-7-x86_64-dvd-iso.html)

"Weiner, Michael" 09-29-2011 03:29 PM

5.7 x86_64 DVD iso

I am trying to find a DVD iso that is not a torrent, and looking through
the mirrors I am unable to find one. Does anyone happen to have a mirror
or repository that they know of that carries the DVD iso for direct
download? I am behind a pretty strict firewall and am unable to do
torrents.

Thanks in advance

Michael Weiner

===================================

in America by U.S.News & World Report (2010).
locations.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use
law. If the reader of this message is not the intended
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please
its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you.

"Weiner, Michael" 09-29-2011 03:37 PM

5.7 x86_64 DVD iso

Sorry for the static guys, I managed to find one just after I hit send.
My apologies

Thanks!
Michael Weiner

===================================

John Hodrien 09-29-2011 03:39 PM

5.7 x86_64 DVD iso

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011, Weiner, Michael wrote:

> I am trying to find a DVD iso that is not a torrent, and looking through
> the mirrors I am unable to find one. Does anyone happen to have a mirror
> or repository that they know of that carries the DVD iso for direct
> download? I am behind a pretty strict firewall and am unable to do
> torrents.

Then you've not looked very hard. Pick a mirror and it should be easy to
find under the isos directory.

Here's an example:

http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/mirror.centos.org/5/isos/x86_64/

jh

Scott Silva 09-29-2011 03:42 PM

5.7 x86_64 DVD iso

on 9/29/2011 8:29 AM Weiner, Michael spake the following:
> I am trying to find a DVD iso that is not a torrent, and looking through
> the mirrors I am unable to find one. Does anyone happen to have a mirror
> or repository that they know of that carries the DVD iso for direct
> download? I am behind a pretty strict firewall and am unable to do
> torrents.

Try the mirror list
http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=30
there is a column that states if a mirror has direct dvd downloads.

Phil Savoie 09-29-2011 04:22 PM

5.7 x86_64 DVD iso

On 09/29/2011 11:29 AM, Weiner, Michael wrote:
> I am trying to find a DVD iso that is not a torrent, and looking through
> the mirrors I am unable to find one. Does anyone happen to have a mirror
> or repository that they know of that carries the DVD iso for direct
> download? I am behind a pretty strict firewall and am unable to do
> torrents.
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Michael Weiner

Hi Michael,

http://mirror.its.dal.ca/centos/6.0/isos/

Cheers,

Phil

Michael Weiner 09-29-2011 04:24 PM

5.7 x86_64 DVD iso

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:39 AM, John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien@leeds.ac.uk>wrote:

> Then you've not looked very hard. Pick a mirror and it should be easy to
> find under the isos directory.
>
> Actually John, i did take some time to peruse the mirrors list on the
CentOS site (http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/5/isos/x86_64/) and NONE
of them have the DVD iso. it wasnt until i found another mirror listing,
that i managed to find a couple that had the iso i was interested it. I was
rather disappointed in how unintuitive finding the appropriate DVD was, and
why everyone has gone to torrents, when i the business world, most places
have Bittorrent disabled .

Thank you for the URL however, i appreciate that :)
Michael Weiner

Phil Savoie 09-29-2011 04:25 PM

5.7 x86_64 DVD iso

On 09/29/2011 11:29 AM, Weiner, Michael wrote:
> I am trying to find a DVD iso that is not a torrent, and looking through
> the mirrors I am unable to find one. Does anyone happen to have a mirror
> or repository that they know of that carries the DVD iso for direct
> download? I am behind a pretty strict firewall and am unable to do
> torrents.
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Michael Weiner

Sorry, should have read your message twice.

http://mirror.its.dal.ca/centos/5.7/isos/x86_64/

Cheers again.

Phil

Michael Weiner 09-29-2011 04:26 PM

5.7 x86_64 DVD iso

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Scott Silva <ssilva@sgvwater.com> wrote:

> Try the mirror list
> http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=30
> there is a column that states if a mirror has direct dvd downloads.
>
> Thank you Scott, that is the listing i finally managed to come across after
perusing the mirror listing on the site (
http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/5/isos/x86_64/) and realizing there
were no DVD images there. I have bookmarked that URL for future reference.
Strange that i have never really had this issue before, oh well, all is good
:)

Thanks again
Michael Weiner

Michael Weiner 09-29-2011 04:26 PM

5.7 x86_64 DVD iso

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Phil Savoie <psavoie1783@rogers.com>wrote:

> http://mirror.its.dal.ca/centos/6.0/isos/

Thank you Phil!!
Michael

Bowie Bailey 09-29-2011 04:50 PM

5.7 x86_64 DVD iso

On 9/29/2011 12:24 PM, Michael Weiner wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:39 AM, John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien@leeds.ac.uk>wrote:
>
>> Then you've not looked very hard. Pick a mirror and it should be easy to
>> find under the isos directory.
>>
>> Actually John, i did take some time to peruse the mirrors list on the
> CentOS site (http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/5/isos/x86_64/) and NONE
> of them have the DVD iso. it wasnt until i found another mirror listing,
> that i managed to find a couple that had the iso i was interested it. I was
> rather disappointed in how unintuitive finding the appropriate DVD was, and
> why everyone has gone to torrents, when i the business world, most places
> have Bittorrent disabled .
>
> Thank you for the URL however, i appreciate that :)
> Michael Weiner

I'm not sure where that url came from, but I went to the CentOS site,
pulled up their North American mirror list from the link under the
"Downloads" menu at the top and randomly checked a couple of the mirrors
that claim to have direct DVD downloads (there are quite a few of
them). Both of the ones I looked at had the DVD isos available for 5.7.

http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=30

--
Bowie