Old 09-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Jerry Geis

Default centos 6 console screen

How do I get the centos 6 console screen out of high-res mode?

I tried a couple things of adding to the grub.conf file vga=ask
and vga=769. Neither had any effect. I did not get prompted to ask for
what mode
or anything....

Whats the correct way to have centos 6 drop into normal old vga text mode
and not high res small character hard to read mode.

Thanks,

Jerry

Old 09-28-2011, 01:35 PM
John Hodrien

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011, Jerry Geis wrote:

> How do I get the centos 6 console screen out of high-res mode?
>
> I tried a couple things of adding to the grub.conf file vga=ask
> and vga=769. Neither had any effect. I did not get prompted to ask for
> what mode
> or anything....
>
> Whats the correct way to have centos 6 drop into normal old vga text mode
> and not high res small character hard to read mode.

Do either of these work?

nomodeset

Or if using the nouveau driver:
nouveau.modeset=0