Old 09-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Paul Heinlein

Default problem in cr: nfs-utils-lib-1.1.5-3.el6.x86_64

I ran yum update on a CentOS 6.0 machine against the CR repository
and noticed that the nfs-utils-lib update broke my rcp.idmap settings:

rpc.idmapd: libnfsidmap: processing 'Method' list
rpc.idmapd: libnfsidmap: Unable to get init function: /usr/lib64/libnfsidmap/umich_ldap.so: undefined symbol: libnfsidmap_plugin_init
rpc.idmapd: libnfsidmap: requested translation method, 'umich_ldap', is not available
rpc.idmapd: Unable to create name to user id mappings.

The /usr/lib64/libnfsidmap/umich_ldap.so library included with the
1.1.5-3.el6 update is noticably smaller than the one included in the
standard 6.0 package, v. 1.1.5-1.el6.

The rpm checks out correctly via gpg and an rpm2cpio->cpio pipe.
Running ldd against the updated library shows the expected links.

But the library appears to not work. Anyone else seen this?

Old 09-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Louis Lagendijk

On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 09:49 -0700, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> I ran yum update on a CentOS 6.0 machine against the CR repository
> and noticed that the nfs-utils-lib update broke my rcp.idmap settings:
>
> rpc.idmapd: libnfsidmap: processing 'Method' list
> rpc.idmapd: libnfsidmap: Unable to get init function: /usr/lib64/libnfsidmap/umich_ldap.so: undefined symbol: libnfsidmap_plugin_init
> rpc.idmapd: libnfsidmap: requested translation method, 'umich_ldap', is not available
> rpc.idmapd: Unable to create name to user id mappings.
>
> The /usr/lib64/libnfsidmap/umich_ldap.so library included with the
> 1.1.5-3.el6 update is noticably smaller than the one included in the
> standard 6.0 package, v. 1.1.5-1.el6.
>
> The rpm checks out correctly via gpg and an rpm2cpio->cpio pipe.
> Running ldd against the updated library shows the expected links.
>
> But the library appears to not work. Anyone else seen this?

not this, but in my case rpcsvcgssd can no longer understand the krb5
from my Fedora WS. Sources are unfortunately no available yet, or I
would have a look to see what is wrong.
Sep 27 12:38:22 nest rpc.svcgssd[9212]: ERROR: failed serializing krb5
context for kernel
Sep 27 12:38:22 nest rpc.svcgssd[9212]: WARNING: handle_nullreq:
serialize_context_for_kernel failed
Sep 27 12:38:22 nest rpc.svcgssd[9212]: ERROR: GSS-API: error in
gss_export_lucid_sec_context(): GSS_S_NO_CONTEXT (No context has been
established) - (0x00007f6e)

Louis