Old 09-26-2011, 04:15 PM
John Doe

Default Firewalling outbound connections...

Hi,

would anyone know a soft to firewall outbound connections (applications phoning home, etc...).
It would detect an unknown (to him) app that tries to connect to the outside world and it would popup a allow/deny request...AppArmor might be a bit overkill...
Anyone have any experience with Systrace, TuxGuardian or Zorp GPL...?

Thx,
JD

Old 09-26-2011, 07:19 PM
John R Pierce

On 09/26/11 9:15 AM, John Doe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> would anyone know a soft to firewall outbound connections (applications phoning home, etc...).
> It would detect an unknown (to him) app that tries to connect to the outside world and it would popup a allow/deny request...AppArmor might be a bit overkill...
> Anyone have any experience with Systrace, TuxGuardian or Zorp GPL...?

properly configured selinux would prevent any unauthorized applications
from making network connections, but I dunno anything about popups, my
linux systems all run headless.

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast