Old 09-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Johnny Hughes

Default CentOS-5.7 SRPMS

On 09/23/2011 11:34 AM, dave baukus wrote:
> Are the 5.7 source RPMs going to be mirrored to http://www.<my favorite mirror>/centos/ 5.7/os/SRPMS/
> and http://www.<my favorite mirror>/centos/ 5.7/updates/SRPMS/ as was the case for the previous releases ?
>
> Or are they permanently banished to http://vault.centos.org/5.7/ as per the readme.txt currently in place on most mirrors ?
>
> Thanks

SRPMS are likely to permanently be hosted at vault from now on.

Adding the CR repo is basically like adding a new distro to each "live"
version ... this creates a space issue in several of our mirrors.

In order to be able to provide CR updates, we have moved SRPMS to vault.

If, in the future, all our mirrors are huge ... then we may readdress
the issue, but for now, expect them to stay on vault.