Old 09-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Jon Detert

Default proverbial floodgates thrown wide open for centos-announce list

Starting maybe ~ 12 hours ago, the proverbial floodgates were thrown open on emails sent to the CentOS-announce mailing list for CentOS 5.x, all on account of individual package releases.

RedHat have not done the same. What's up?

Are these mistakenly released re-announcements of (previously released) package updates? Or, did the mailman server have a burp or hiccup?

Or, have the CentOS dev team been waiting for high tide before opening the flood gates? If so, why?, and how about sending the mother-load of announcements as 1 email instead of 1/package, which would:

a) match the reality of the updates being released as a batch, and
b) keep my inbox from being flooded. Yes, i could switch my mailman subscription to 'digest' mode, and probably will. Still, I'm wondering why they were batch-released?

Regards,

Jon