-   -   {SOLVED} PDF Reader/Editor for CentOS 5.7 (32 bit)? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/578485-solved-pdf-reader-editor-centos-5-7-32-bit.html)

Lanny Marcus 09-21-2011 05:40 PM

{SOLVED} PDF Reader/Editor for CentOS 5.7 (32 bit)?

> I had, in the past, a .pdf reader that also permitted me to fill in
> some information, when I received a .pdf file.
>
> I have KPDF installed, but that seems to only have Reader capability.

<snip>
> Received a contract via email and I would like to add some information
> and send it back via email.

<snip>

The pdfedit package did the trick for me. This is probably "overkill",
but_it_just_works :-)

Adobe Reader is only a "reader" as I assumed it would be. Some PDF
readers can also fill in forms, do editing, etc., however not Adobe
Reader.

Another solution is to use a free online service, such as
http://www.pdfescape.com/
and upload the file, fill in the form and/or edit the file, and then
download it again.

Possibly this thread will help someone else. Thank you, again, to
everyone who replied and provided information and ideas! Lanny