Old 09-21-2011, 03:27 PM
ken

Default (yum) Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml)....

This error:

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
debug. Please verify its path and try again

occurs every time I run yum (and is where execution stops). Why? and/or
What can be done to fix yum so I can use it again?

tnx.

--
War is a failure of the imagination.
--William Blake

Old 09-21-2011, 03:52 PM
ken

On 09/21/2011 11:45 AM lists-centos wrote:

>> This error:
>>
>> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
>> repository: debug. Please verify its path and try again
>>
>> occurs every time I run yum (and is where execution stops). Why?
>> and/or What can be done to fix yum so I can use it again?
>>

> Have you tried:
>
> yum clean all
>
> then:
>
> yum check-update
>

> - Richard

yum check-update yields:

http://debuginfo.centos.org/5/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4]
IOError: <urlopen error (110, 'Connection timed out')>
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
debug. Please verify its path and try again

So same problem.