Old 09-20-2011, 05:23 PM
"William Reich"

Default is oprofile working on CENTOS 6.0 ?

Hi

¬*

I am trying to use oprofile with centos 6.0.

¬*

I know that the debug-info for the kernel is not available,
so I believe I

used the correct switches to account for this.

¬*

here is my script…

¬*

# reset everything

opcontrol ¬*¬*--shutdown

rm /root/.oprofile/da*

opcontrol¬* ¬*--separate=kernel¬* --no-vmlinux

opcontrol ¬*¬*--event=CPU_CLK_UNHALTED:100000

opcontrol ¬*¬*--start

sleep 5

opcontrol --reset

echo "sleeping now"

sleep 20

opcontrol ‚Äďstop

# all done ‚Äď use the data with opreport‚Ķ

echo " "

echo " "

¬*

¬*

When I run this on a CENTOS 6 machine, the machine hangs.

There is no visible panic on the console nor the serial
port.

This is 100% repeatable. I tried multiple machines.

I am using a DELL 2850.

¬*

Any help would be appreciated.

¬*