Old 09-19-2011, 04:48 AM
hadi motamedi

Default ekiga

Dear All
I have installed Asterisk on my centos 5.0 and I have two other centos
6.0 and centos 5.6 with ekiga sip client. The centos 6.0 can make
successful sip calls but centos 5.6 cannot. Among the Asterisk logs, I
found that the centos 6.0 has ekiga 3.2.6 but centos 5.6 has ekiga
2.0.2 . How can I install/upgrade my older ekiga?
Thank you

Old 09-19-2011, 07:23 AM
Christopher Chan

Hadi,

Forget it. I suspect you would have to upgrade a whole load of libraries
and if it were you doing it, you will break your system beyond recognition.

Christopher

Old 09-19-2011, 07:30 AM
hadi motamedi

Old 09-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Christopher Chan

On Monday, September 19, 2011 03:30 PM, hadi motamedi wrote:
> On 9/19/11, Christopher Chan<christopher.chan@bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
>> Hadi,
>>
>> Forget it. I suspect you would have to upgrade a whole load of libraries
>> and if it were you doing it, you will break your system beyond recognition.
>>
> Thank you very much for your help. You mean it is better to just rely
> on centos 6.0 and have all clients running it as well?

If you want them all running the same version, then yes, just go centos 6

Old 09-19-2011, 10:30 AM
hadi motamedi

On 9/19/11, Christopher Chan <christopher.chan@bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> On Monday, September 19, 2011 03:30 PM, hadi motamedi wrote:
>> On 9/19/11, Christopher Chan<christopher.chan@bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
>>> Hadi,
>>>
>>> Forget it. I suspect you would have to upgrade a whole load of libraries
>>> and if it were you doing it, you will break your system beyond
>>> recognition.
>>>
>> Thank you very much for your help. You mean it is better to just rely
>> on centos 6.0 and have all clients running it as well?
>
> If you want them all running the same version, then yes, just go centos 6

Thank you very much for your help. Excuse me, do we have other sip
clients rather than ekiga that I can give them a try? The ekiga 2.0.2
is too old to work with my new Asterisk version on my centos 5.0 . I
will upgrade my other clients to centos 6.0 (as you told me) but for
unknown reasons this version of Asterisk does not work on my centos
6.0 but just my centos 5.0 so I need to keep my Asterisk server still
running centos 5.0 but I will upgrade all of my other clients to
centos 6.0 to make use of this new version of ekiga 3.2.6 .
Thank you again

Old 09-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Christopher Chan

On Monday, September 19, 2011 06:30 PM, hadi motamedi wrote:

> Thank you very much for your help. Excuse me, do we have other sip
> clients rather than ekiga that I can give them a try? The ekiga 2.0.2
> is too old to work with my new Asterisk version on my centos 5.0 . I
> will upgrade my other clients to centos 6.0 (as you told me) but for
> unknown reasons this version of Asterisk does not work on my centos
> 6.0 but just my centos 5.0 so I need to keep my Asterisk server still
> running centos 5.0 but I will upgrade all of my other clients to
> centos 6.0 to make use of this new version of ekiga 3.2.6 .

How about searching for sip clients?

Old 09-20-2011, 03:44 AM
hadi motamedi