Old 09-18-2011, 05:46 PM
John R Pierce

Default Depsolving errors whilst upgrading Centos 5.6 -> 5.7

On 09/18/11 10:32 AM, Dave Cross wrote:
> I have a dedicated server from 1&1 (http://1and1.co.uk/). A 'yum list
> updates' today showed me that the 5.7 update was available (it's
> probably been there for a while, I don't check that often).

does that server use cpanel or webmin or something? many of those muck
with the system package lists such that yum update is not reliable.

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast

Old 09-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Dave Cross

On 18 September 2011 18:46, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 09/18/11 10:32 AM, Dave Cross wrote:
>> I have a dedicated server from 1&1 (http://1and1.co.uk/). A 'yum list
>> updates' today showed me that the 5.7 update was available (it's
>> probably been there for a while, I don't check that often).
>
> does that server use cpanel or webmin or something? *many of those muck
> with the system package lists such that yum update is not reliable.

Yes. It uses Plesk Parallels. I've done this a few times and I've
never seen this problem before.

Maybe I'll just have to rebuilt the server. In which case I'll wait
for them to have Centos 6 available.

Dave...

--
Dave Cross :: dave@dave.org.uk