-   -   Video capture on CentOS (6) (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/576793-video-capture-centos-6-a.html)

Mathieu Baudier 09-17-2011 09:38 AM

Video capture on CentOS (6)

Hello,

I need to do some analog video capture and I was wondering what is the
status of this in CentOS 6.

The last information I could find was here (obviously for CentOS 5):
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2009-September/082521.html

Could anybody recommend a not-too-expensive video capture cards (PCI,
USB, fireWire, ...) which would be well supported (drivers easily
available in base, ElRepo, or not too complicated to build).

Thanks in advance!

Mathieu

Mathieu Baudier 09-27-2011 06:05 AM

Video capture on CentOS (6)

> Could anybody recommend a not-too-expensive video capture cards (PCI,
> USB, fireWire, ...) which would be well supported (drivers easily
> available in base, ElRepo, or not too complicated to build).

Answering my own question for future reference: the GRABBY video
capture card by TERRATEC worked out of the box on CentOS 6.

It is very small, connects via USB and offers S-Video input + standard
audio R/L and video input.
It cost around 40 EUR in a consumer shop (Saturn) in the "digitalize
your old VHS video etc." section.

lsusb output:
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0ccd:0096 TerraTec Electronic GmbH

Input can be visualized using VLC (from RPMForge) and Video4Linux 2
capture device.

Cheers,

Mathieu

hadi motamedi 09-27-2011 06:54 AM

Video capture on CentOS (6)

hadi motamedi 09-27-2011 08:44 AM

Video capture on CentOS (6)

On 9/27/11, Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier@argeo.org> wrote:
>> Could anybody recommend a not-too-expensive video capture cards (PCI,
>> USB, fireWire, ...) which would be well supported (drivers easily
>> available in base, ElRepo, or not too complicated to build).
>
> Answering my own question for future reference: the GRABBY video
> capture card by TERRATEC worked out of the box on CentOS 6.
>
> It is very small, connects via USB and offers S-Video input + standard
> audio R/L and video input.
> It cost around 40 EUR in a consumer shop (Saturn) in the "digitalize
> your old VHS video etc." section.
>
> lsusb output:
> Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0ccd:0096 TerraTec Electronic GmbH
>
> Input can be visualized using VLC (from RPMForge) and Video4Linux 2
> capture device.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mathieu

Sorry. Which application you are running on your centos to be able to
connect a general purpose webcam to your centos machine to capture
live video (like MATLAB Simulink video and image acquisition toolbox
for windows)?

hadi motamedi 09-27-2011 08:46 AM

Video capture on CentOS (6)