Old 09-15-2011, 06:53 AM
"Sorin Srbu"

Default CentOS 5.6 to 5.7 upgrade

Hi all,

Almost wish I had something more exciting to say regarding the 5.6 to 5.7
upgrade, but it just worked flawlessly. Physical as well as virtual
machines.

Thanks CentOS-team for your good work!
--
BW,
Sorin
# Sorin Srbu [Sysadmin, Systems Engineer]
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry, Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >3 rings> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem, Mobile: +46 (0)701-718023
# Box 574, Uppsala University, Fax: +46 (0)18-4714482
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
# Web: http://www.orgfarm.uu.se
# () ASCII ribbon campaign - Against html E-mail
# / http://www.asciiribbon.org
#
# This message was not sent from an iProduct!
#
# MotD follows:
# "God, root, what is difference?" -Pitr from
http://www.userfriendly.org/cartoons/pitr/

Old 09-15-2011, 01:40 PM
fred smith

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 08:53:44AM +0200, Sorin Srbu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Almost wish I had something more exciting to say regarding the 5.6 to 5.7
> upgrade, but it just worked flawlessly. Physical as well as virtual
> machines.
>
> Thanks CentOS-team for your good work!

Seconded!

My update went very well. booted right back up an everthing seems to
be working--except...

for some reason it overwrote my sendmail.cf rather than dropping in
a sendmail.cf.rpmnew as it has done in the past, so after several hours
I noticed I wasn't getting any incoming email. after a little flailing
this morning (not having yet had any caffeine) I realized I should
look at that. copied my version in, bounced sendmail and off to the races!

Fred

community.
--Roger Ebert, December, 1996

Old 09-15-2011, 02:03 PM

fred smith wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 08:53:44AM +0200, Sorin Srbu wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Almost wish I had something more exciting to say regarding the 5.6 to
>> 5.7
>> upgrade, but it just worked flawlessly. Physical as well as virtual
>> machines.
>>
>> Thanks CentOS-team for your good work!
>
> Seconded!
>
> My update went very well. booted right back up an everthing seems to
> be working--except...
<snip>
For us, it's breaking an ssh-restrict script we use with rsync for
backups, mangling some passed wildcards.

mark

Old 09-16-2011, 06:43 AM
"Sorin Srbu"

Behalf
>Of m.roth@5-cent.us
>Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:04 PM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: Re: [CentOS] CentOS 5.6 to 5.7 upgrade
>
>For us, it's breaking an ssh-restrict script we use with rsync for
>backups, mangling some passed wildcards.

Is this a homebrew backup solution?

I use BackupPC, and so far I haven't seen any problems
--
/Sorin

Old 09-16-2011, 01:20 PM

Sorin Srbu wrote:
> [...]

Yep. The ssh-restrict only allows certain accounts to issue only certain
commands when coming in through ssh, sorta like sudoers, for another layer
of security. That security is *required* by law: some data from some
systems contains HIPAA and PII.

mark

Old 09-18-2011, 12:20 AM
Karanbir Singh

> For us, it's breaking an ssh-restrict script we use with rsync for
> backups, mangling some passed wildcards.

What is the actual problem causing this ?

- KB