Old 09-16-2011, 08:25 PM
"John R. Dennison"

Default Upgrade from 5.6 => 5.7

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 09:18:24PM +0100, Always Learning wrote:

> The point is I write programmes for pleasure. Naturally as an always
> learning individual, I appraise others' methods and when they seem
> advantageous and relevant I am likely to use them.

The point is that absolutely none of this is even remotely CentOS related
and is nothing more than just noise on this list. Can you _please_ try
to be considerate to the thousands of people that don't give a monkey's
behind about any of this and take it elsewhere?

John
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit

Old 09-16-2011, 08:28 PM

Always Learning wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 11:10 -0700, John R Pierce wrote:
>> On 09/15/11 12:51 PM, Always Learning wrote:
<snip>
> When IBM introduced its Structured Query Language many years ago, it
> seemed like a helpful facility for end-users who could, using SQL,
> access they own data fairly quickly rather than wait several weeks for a
> purposely written computer programme.
<snip>
As a point of information, it *was* intended for ->managers<- to get
reports themselves, rather than waiting weeks, or months, for a program to
be written.

Another "cure" for the software backlog. Heh. Heh. Heh....

mark

Old 09-16-2011, 08:29 PM

John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 09:18:24PM +0100, Always Learning wrote:
>>
>> The point is I write programmes for pleasure. Naturally as an always
>> learning individual, I appraise others' methods and when they seem
>> advantageous and relevant I am likely to use them.
>
> The point is that absolutely none of this is even remotely CentOS related
> and is nothing more than just noise on this list. Can you _please_ try
> to be considerate to the thousands of people that don't give a monkey's
> behind about any of this and take it elsewhere?

Actually, I responded to several, and CHANGED THE SUBJECT, and no one else
followed them.

mark

Old 09-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Always Learning

On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 16:28 -0400, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:

> As a point of information, it *was* intended for ->managers<- to get
> reports themselves, rather than waiting weeks, or months, for a program to
> be written.
>
> Another "cure" for the software backlog. Heh. Heh. Heh....

I'm thinking of installing Mailman and calling the first list something
like centos.chat@.......

Paul.

--
With best regards,