Old 09-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Digimer

Default 6.1 Update request

Hi devs,

If/when someone has a few minutes, could someone post an update on 6.1
on http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa/blog ?. I suspect the devs have been
busy with the just-released 5.7 version.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer@alteeve.com

Old 09-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 09/14/2011 10:30 PM, Digimer wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> If/when someone has a few minutes, could someone post an update on 6.1
> on http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa/blog ?. I suspect the devs have been
> busy with the just-released 5.7 version.

unless someone else gets to it before me, I will get together a plan and
post it up there ( but not today and perhaps not tomorrow either ).

Step-1, get the major security stuff into 6.0/cr/.

- KB

Old 09-14-2011, 11:41 PM
Digimer

On 09/14/2011 07:32 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 09/14/2011 10:30 PM, Digimer wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> If/when someone has a few minutes, could someone post an update on 6.1
>> on http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa/blog ?. I suspect the devs have been
>> busy with the just-released 5.7 version.
>>

> unless someone else gets to it before me, I will get together a plan and
> post it up there ( but not today and perhaps not tomorrow either ).
>
> Step-1, get the major security stuff into 6.0/cr/.
>
> - KB

No rush, and thanks for the update.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:18 AM
"Thomas Dukes"

Just ordered a Lenovo TS130. I think there are some issues with the Intel
graphics with 6.0 and I saw where they are resolved in 6.1. Hopefully 6.1
can be released soon. If not, I can install Scientific Linux temporarily.

Fingers crossed!!

Old 09-15-2011, 07:22 AM
Mathieu Baudier

> Step-1, get the major security stuff into 6.0/cr/.

Sounds good!
Thanks for the update.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:29 AM
John Hodrien

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011, Thomas Dukes wrote:

> Just ordered a Lenovo TS130. I think there are some issues with the Intel
> graphics with 6.0 and I saw where they are resolved in 6.1. Hopefully 6.1
> can be released soon. If not, I can install Scientific Linux temporarily.
>
> Fingers crossed!!

Or, just grab the intel xorg driver rpm from SL, and libdrm, and one other
package, the nouveau rpm. It doesn't make sense to go all the way over to SL
if you plan on coming straight back.

jh

Old 09-15-2011, 07:33 AM
David Hrbáč

Dne 15.9.2011 9:22, Mathieu Baudier napsal(a):
> Sounds good! Thanks for the update.

No it does not. Since cr repo breaks Spacewalk management.
DH

Old 09-15-2011, 08:36 AM
John Hodrien