Old 09-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Edward Morbius

Default Run commands automatically when bringing up/down network interfaces?

OK.
The next question becomes: how do we ensure that this happens for each defined IP, and that the ping is issued from a given IP address (routing/ etc.).
What we're hoping to accomplish is for the colo switch to get the correct ARP address for each defined IP address on the host. *In some cases, we'll have multiple NICs on the same subnet, in others, IP aliases on the same NIC.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Warren Young <warren@etr-usa.com> wrote:

On 9/14/2011 1:26 PM, Edward Morbius wrote:

> I'm looking for a capability similar to Debian/Ubuntu's pre/post up/down

> network commands capability.

If you look in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup, you'll see that it

will call /sbin/ifup-pre-local if it exists, before bringing up the

network interface.

That script also calls .../network-scripts/ifup-post after bringing up

the network interface, which in turn will call /sbin/ifup-local, if it

exists, as its last step.

Neither is interface-specific, but they get the interface name passed to

them, so if you needed to do something different for different

interfaces, you could.

Dr. Ed Morbius
Chief Scientist / Philologist / Robot Wrangler / Powerplant Operator
Krell Power Systems Unlimited