Old 09-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Warren Young

Default Run commands automatically when bringing up/down network interfaces?

On 9/14/2011 1:26 PM, Edward Morbius wrote:
> I'm looking for a capability similar to Debian/Ubuntu's pre/post up/down
> network commands capability.

If you look in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup, you'll see that it
will call /sbin/ifup-pre-local if it exists, before bringing up the
network interface.

That script also calls .../network-scripts/ifup-post after bringing up
the network interface, which in turn will call /sbin/ifup-local, if it
exists, as its last step.

Neither is interface-specific, but they get the interface name passed to
them, so if you needed to do something different for different
interfaces, you could.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Frank Cox

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:26:10 -0700
Edward Morbius wrote:

> I'm looking for a capability similar to Debian/Ubuntu's pre/post up/down
> network commands capability.

If you're using networkmanager you can create a script in
in /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/ to do pretty much anything you want it to
do.