FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Alain Péan
 
Default Error in updating to 5.7

Hi all,

I have a Dell server, CentOS 5.6 64 bits, on which I configured the CR
repository. I just tried to update to 5.7, and had this error :
# yum update
....
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/cr/x86_64/repodata/filelists.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/filelists.sqlite.bz2 from cr: [Errno 256] No
more mirrors to try.
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
package-cleanup --dupes
rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
The program package-cleanup is found in the yum-utils package.

My repolist is this one :
# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: dellsysid, fastestmirror, refresh-updatesd
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* addons: distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr
* base: distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr
* epel: fr2.rpmfind.net
* extras: centos.crazyfrogs.org
* updates: centos.crazyfrogs.org
repo id repo
name status
addons CentOS-5 -
Addons enabled: 0
base CentOS-5 -
Base enabled: 3535
cr CentOS-5 -
CR enabled: 573
dell-omsa-indep Dell OMSA repository - Hardware
independent enabled: 719
dell-omsa-specific Dell OMSA repository - Hardware
specific enabled: 2
epel Extra Packages for Enterprise
Linux 5 - x86_64 enabled: 6700
extras CentOS-5 -
Extras enabled: 233
updates CentOS-5 -
Updates enabled: 150
repolist: 11912

Other information :
# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.6 (Final)
# uname -a
Linux xxxxxxx 2.6.18-274.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jul 22 04:43:29 EDT 2011 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Does anybody has an idea why I have this error ?

Thanks for the help.

--
================================================== ========
Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33
================================================== ========

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Always Learning
 
Default Error in updating to 5.7

On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 13:14 +0200, Alain Péan wrote:

> I have a Dell server, CentOS 5.6 64 bits, on which I configured the CR
> repository. I just tried to update to 5.7, and had this error :
> # yum update
> ....
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/cr/x86_64/repodata/filelists.sqlite.bz2:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found


I do not know the answer. However please try

yum clean all

then try

yum update

Regards,

Paul,
England,
EU.


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Alain Péan
 
Default Error in updating to 5.7

Le 14/09/2011 13:22, Always Learning a écrit :
> On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 13:14 +0200, Alain Péan wrote:
>
>> I have a Dell server, CentOS 5.6 64 bits, on which I configured the CR
>> repository. I just tried to update to 5.7, and had this error :
>> # yum update
>> ....
>> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/cr/x86_64/repodata/filelists.sqlite.bz2:
>> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>
> I do not know the answer. However please try
>
> yum clean all
>
> then try
>
> yum update
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul,
> England,
> EU.
>

Hi Paul,

Indeed, yum clean all fixed the error. Yum update completed without error.
....
xulrunner.x86_64 0:1.9.2.22-1.el5_7 yum.noarch
0:3.2.22-37.el5.centos
zlib.i386 0:1.2.3-4.el5 zlib.x86_64
0:1.2.3-4.el5
zlib-devel.i386 0:1.2.3-4.el5
zlib-devel.x86_64 0:1.2.3-4.el5

Complete!

# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.7 (Final)

I must say I wondered how the yum update will deal with the CR updates,
and if the error was related to this, but it seems that everything is OK
now.

Thanks.

Alain

--
================================================== ========
Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33
================================================== ========

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default Error in updating to 5.7

Hi Alain,

On 09/14/2011 02:23 PM, Alain Péan wrote:
> I must say I wondered how the yum update will deal with the CR updates,
> and if the error was related to this, but it seems that everything is OK
> now.

unfortunately, you hit an issue that I did not think anyone would see (
but was aware of... ). The issue originates from the fact that the new
CR repo has no sqlite metadata store, its xml only. And your machine was
trying to get the sqlite files - hitting a valid 404, since those files
do not exist.

The actual issue is that rather than yum seeing a new repomd.xml in the
repodata/ dir, downloading that and knowing that there is no sqlite db
available, it retained the repomd.xml you already had ( from the prev
5.6/cr repo ). So I dont think the issue really is that you hit a 404,
but why was yum looking for a repo metadata file that does not exist,
the new repomd.xml clearly states that those files do not exist.

Do you have something interesting setup for caching, timeouts etc in yum
? or, are you perhaps behind a proxy that still served up an old ( stale
? ) repomd.xml for the same url ?

- KB
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-15-2011, 02:15 AM
Nick
 
Default Error in updating to 5.7

I also encountered a similar problem.

"yum clean all" did not resolve it, but *not* installing the CR prior to the
update repo did.

I think the problem is that my update script was still installing
centos-release-cr-5.6 (the URL was hardwired, as I couldn't think of a simple
way to get the correct one). The script also installs the CR repo prior to the
update and uninstalls it afterwards, since I wasn't sure if the CR repo would
continue to exist when 5.7 was released (the CR wiki page [1] says "The
repository will go-away once the packages are released via the regular process").

However, it seems that the CR repo is still there, and a centos-release-5.7
upgrade is available through it.

Is it safe/advisable to leave the CR repo installed in-perpetuity? Or do I need
to remove it after using it, if I want to prevent potential yum-upgrade errors
if it does go away?

N

1. http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-15-2011, 03:40 AM
Nataraj
 
Default Error in updating to 5.7

On 09/14/2011 07:15 PM, Nick wrote:
> I also encountered a similar problem.
>
> "yum clean all" did not resolve it, but *not* installing the CR prior to the
> update repo did.
>
> I think the problem is that my update script was still installing
> centos-release-cr-5.6 (the URL was hardwired, as I couldn't think of a simple
> way to get the correct one). The script also installs the CR repo prior to the
> update and uninstalls it afterwards, since I wasn't sure if the CR repo would
> continue to exist when 5.7 was released (the CR wiki page [1] says "The
> repository will go-away once the packages are released via the regular process").
>
> However, it seems that the CR repo is still there, and a centos-release-5.7
> upgrade is available through it.
>
> Is it safe/advisable to leave the CR repo installed in-perpetuity? Or do I need
> to remove it after using it, if I want to prevent potential yum-upgrade errors
> if it does go away?
>
> N
>
> 1. http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
Shouldn't some of these packages be mutually exclusive? Note this
system was originally installed with Centos 5. I'm not sure why I have
an epel-release-5-4 package installed. I did not have any problems with
the upgrade.

aspen> rpm -qa | grep -i release
epel-release-5-4
centos-release-notes-5.7-0
centos-release-cr-5-6.el5.centos.1
centos-release-5-7.el5.centos

Nataraj


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-15-2011, 07:17 AM
Alain Péan
 
Default Error in updating to 5.7

Le 14/09/2011 22:07, Karanbir Singh a écrit :
> Hi Alain,
>
>
> Do you have something interesting setup for caching, timeouts etc in yum
> ? or, are you perhaps behind a proxy that still served up an old ( stale
> ? ) repomd.xml for the same url ?

Hi Karanbir,

I don't have anything special in my setup I can think of, that would
enable caching or timeouts... I am not behind a proxy, I have direct
access to the Internet, so nothing cached on a proxy.
I only enabled EPEL and Dell Open Manage repository, but I think it is
fairly common.

So the only thing I can imagine is a stale repond.xml on the mirror,
distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr... Notice that I am on the jussieu
university network, so on the same "LAN" than the mirror (even if there
are VLANs...).

Alain

--
================================================== ========
Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33
================================================== ========

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:27 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org