-   -   copying data to CF card (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/575279-copying-data-cf-card.html)

Jerry Geis 09-13-2011 09:15 PM

copying data to CF card

Hi all,

under centos 5 x86_64 - I was able to run fdisk to partition a CF card,
make the filesystem, copy data to the filesystem, run grub from an
x86_64 system
to make the CF card bootable with grub. That all worked fine.

Now since switching to centos 6 x86_64 I run the exact same script
to program the CF card and when I insert that CF card into the end device
I get a Grub error 2.

I thought maybe a bad CF card... I tried 4 more times with 4 different
CF cards.
Same result Grub error 2.

I then thought to try going back to centos 5 and try it with one of the
4 CF cards
that did not work. It works under centos 5.

What might be happening here????

I can use fdisk after the script and see the partitions, I can mount the
partition
all files are there, Running grub gives no errors. Just at boot I get
"error 2".

Thanks,

Jerry

Always Learning 09-13-2011 09:21 PM

copying data to CF card

On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 17:15 -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:

> under centos 5 x86_64 - I was able to run fdisk to partition a CF card,
> make the filesystem, copy data to the filesystem, run grub from an
> x86_64 system
> to make the CF card bootable with grub. That all worked fine.

What format is your CF card ?

--
With best regards,

Paul.
England,
EU.

Jerry Geis 09-14-2011 03:03 PM

copying data to CF card

> >/ under centos 5 x86_64 - I was able to run fdisk to partition a CF card,
> />/ make the filesystem, copy data to the filesystem, run grub from an
> />/ x86_64 system
> />/ to make the CF card bootable with grub. That all worked fine.
> /
> What format is your CF card ?

Paul

I have the CF card formatted as ext3.