Old 09-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Armin Herbert

Default Missing ipa-server package on centos6?

Hi,

I can't seem to find the ipa-server package in centos 6; it is not available
on my favourite mirrors, nor do the release notes mention its absence. Has it
been overlooked when assembling the distribution?

Thanks & best wishes

Armin

Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 AM
John Doe

From: Armin Herbert <armin.herbert@atrics.de>

> I can't seem to find the ipa-server package in centos 6; it is not available
> on my favourite mirrors, nor do the release notes mention its absence. Has it
> been overlooked when assembling the distribution?

Dunno but CentOS 5 and 6 have the same ipa packages...

# yum list | grep -i "^ipa"
ipa-client.i386*************************** 2.0-10.el5_6.1************* updates*
ipa-gothic-fonts.noarch******************* 003.02-3.1.el5************* base****
ipa-mincho-fonts.noarch******************* 003.02-2.1.el5************* base****
ipa-pgothic-fonts.noarch****************** 003.02-3.1.el5************* base****
ipa-pmincho-fonts.noarch****************** 003.02-2.1.el5************* base****

# yum list | grep -i "^ipa"
ipa-client.x86_64************************ 2.0-9.el6******************** base***
ipa-gothic-fonts.noarch****************** 003.02-4.2.el6*************** base***
ipa-mincho-fonts.noarch****************** 003.02-3.1.el6*************** base***
ipa-pgothic-fonts.noarch***************** 003.02-4.1.el6*************** base***
ipa-pmincho-fonts.noarch***************** 003.02-3.1.el6*************** base

JD

Old 09-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Baptiste AGASSE

Hi,

From RHEL 6.1 Release note :
"Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 features IPA as a Technology Preview. IPA is an integrated security information management solution which combines Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Directory Server, MIT Kerberos, and NTP. It provides web browser and command-line interfaces, and its numerous administration tools allow an administrator to quickly install, set up, and administer one or more servers for centralized authentication and identity management."

So, maybe in CentOS 6.1

Baptiste