Old 09-12-2011, 10:21 PM
John R Pierce

Default lftp mirror replication

so I have an internal mirror I was replicating off mirrors.kernel.org
via lftp, using a script...

/usr/local/bin/lftp -c 'open ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/pub/ &&
lcd /export/mirror &&
mirror --continue --verbose=1 -x ia64 -x s390 -x s390x
-x alpha -x SRPMS centos'

well, kernel.org is down now, due to their being hacked, grrrr. if I
switch this to another source archive, will it 'just work' or will there
be any differences in the file dates that will end up causing massive
new downloads of the same data?

and, is it just me, or is the mirror list on
http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=30 a lot smaller
than it used to be?

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122