Old 09-12-2011, 09:01 PM
"Michael D. Berger"

Default CentOS 6: "ip link" ignores wlan0

On my CentOS 6 laptop, in which the wireless hardware is
known to be functional (because it works in the WinXP
partition):
# ip link
shows lo and eth0, but nothing else.

Why might this be?

Thanks,
Mike.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:50 AM
"Michael D. Berger"

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:01:50 +0000, Michael D. Berger wrote:

> On my CentOS 6 laptop, in which the wireless hardware is known to be
> functional (because it works in the WinXP partition):
> # ip link
> shows lo and eth0, but nothing else.
>
> Why might this be?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike.

This has been repaired by installing another driver.

Mike.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:26 AM
"Michael D. Berger"

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 01:50:41 +0000, Michael D. Berger wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:01:50 +0000, Michael D. Berger wrote:

[...]
> This has been repaired by installing another driver.
>
> Mike.

But wlan0 still doesn't work. Please see my thread:
"CentOS 6, Broadcom, missing wlan0"