Old 09-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Sanjay Arora

Default Installation on Intel DH67BL motherboard failed

Hello all
I tried to install Centos 6 on Intel DH67BL motherboard with i7-2600 processor and a PCI Parallel/Serial port Card. This machine is running Win7, Ubuntu & Fedora 15.

Booting from DVD, the machine boots up in text mode & loads vmlinuz and then the screen goes grey. Pressing a keyboard key does some dvd/hdd activity, so the machine is not hung. So the issue is obviously the graphics chipset. Research in CentOS forums shows that this may be supported by CentOS 6.1 machine.

Can I install graphics/network support from some other repo, till 6.1 arrives and then again I can reinstall with only CentOS repos.
My skillset is limited to compiling from source if instructions are there, but not trial & error otherwise. Any pointers?

With best regards.Sanjay.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:18 AM
John Hodrien

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011, Sanjay Arora wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I tried to install Centos 6 on Intel DH67BL motherboard with i7-2600
> processor and a PCI Parallel/Serial port Card. This machine is running Win7,
> Ubuntu & Fedora 15.
>
> Booting from DVD, the machine boots up in text mode & loads vmlinuz and then
> the screen goes grey. Pressing a keyboard key does some dvd/hdd activity, so
> the machine is not hung. So the issue is obviously the graphics chipset.
> Research in CentOS forums shows that this may be supported by CentOS 6.1
> machine.
>
> Can I install graphics/network support from some other repo, till 6.1
> arrives and then again I can reinstall with only CentOS repos.
>
> My skillset is limited to compiling from source if instructions are there,
> but not trial & error otherwise. Any pointers?

So if you select the text install option on the DVD do you have any joy?

jh