Old 09-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Christopher Chan

Default fax over ip?

Do us a favour. Please stop posting here and go find a fax over ip
provider if you can. If you actually manage to find one, ask that
provider for the software.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Fajar Priyanto

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 5:10 PM, hadi motamedi <motamedi24@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did as :
> #yum search fax
> #yum search sip

http://www.avantfax.com/install.php

Don't ask how to install it here.
But if you need help, I believe avantfax team offer professional
service for that.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:02 AM
hadi motamedi

On 9/12/11, Christopher Chan <christopher.chan@bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> Do us a favour. Please stop posting here and go find a fax over ip
> provider if you can. If you actually manage to find one, ask that
> provider for the software.

Thank you very much for your help. I got the point. So it is fax over
ip provider-specific but not centos-specific. Sorry for my mistake . I
thought that it is like sip phone client issue as I didn't find
anything specific from 'yum search fax' .
Thank you again

Old 09-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Fajar Priyanto

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 6:02 PM, hadi motamedi <motamedi24@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you very much for your help. I got the point. So it is fax over
> ip provider-specific but not centos-specific. Sorry for my mistake . I
> thought that it is like sip phone client issue as I didn't find
> anything specific from 'yum search fax' .

I seriously think you should use google more often.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:12 AM
hadi motamedi

On 9/12/11, Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri@arinet.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 6:02 PM, hadi motamedi <motamedi24@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thank you very much for your help. I got the point. So it is fax over
>> ip provider-specific but not centos-specific. Sorry for my mistake . I
>> thought that it is like sip phone client issue as I didn't find
>> anything specific from 'yum search fax' .
>
> I seriously think you should use google more often.

Yes, you are right. I did it but the output of "yum search fax" made
me doubtful if it is centos-specific. Sorry again for my mistake . For
sip phone, the "yum search sip" provided me with the correct result.
Thank you again

Old 09-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Aaron Krohn

If you have no infrastructure to handle voip service, give Asterisk a
try. Though, fax over IP is notoriously difficult to get working from my
experience. For more info, check out the Digium lists:

On 09/12/2011 06:12 AM, hadi motamedi wrote:
> On 9/12/11, Fajar Priyanto<fajarpri@arinet.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 6:02 PM, hadi motamedi<motamedi24@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Thank you very much for your help. I got the point. So it is fax over
>>> ip provider-specific but not centos-specific. Sorry for my mistake . I
>>> thought that it is like sip phone client issue as I didn't find
>>> anything specific from 'yum search fax' .
>> I seriously think you should use google more often.
>>
> Yes, you are right. I did it but the output of "yum search fax" made
> me doubtful if it is centos-specific. Sorry again for my mistake . For
> sip phone, the "yum search sip" provided me with the correct result.
> Thank you again

Aaron Krohn
Web Force Systems

Business Office:
131 Dillmont Drive, Suite 201
Columbus, OH 43235
Direct: 614-384-0019 Fax: 614-785-0871
Tech Support / Help Desk Direct: 614-384-0020

Old 09-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Always Learning

On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 14:32 +0430, hadi motamedi wrote:

> Thank you very much for your help. I got the point. So it is fax over
> ip provider-specific but not centos-specific. Sorry for my mistake . I
> thought that it is like sip phone client issue as I didn't find
> anything specific from 'yum search fax' .

I discovered a few days ago Elastix which is similar to Trixbox. One of
the modules is fax to PDF. A free version is available. It is based on
Centos 5.6.

http://www.elastix.org/

Paul.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:51 AM
hadi motamedi

On 9/12/11, Aaron Krohn <akrohn@ewebforce.net> wrote:
> If you have no infrastructure to handle voip service, give Asterisk a
> try. Though, fax over IP is notoriously difficult to get working from my
> experience. For more info, check out the Digium lists:
>

> On 09/12/2011 06:12 AM, hadi motamedi wrote:
>> On 9/12/11, Fajar Priyanto<fajarpri@arinet.org> wrote:
>>> I seriously think you should use google more often.
>>>
>> Yes, you are right. I did it but the output of "yum search fax" made
>> me doubtful if it is centos-specific. Sorry again for my mistake . For
>> sip phone, the "yum search sip" provided me with the correct result.
>> Thank you again

> Aaron Krohn
> Web Force Systems
>
> Business Office:
> 131 Dillmont Drive, Suite 201
> Columbus, OH 43235
> Direct: 614-384-0019 Fax: 614-785-0871
> Tech Support / Help Desk Direct: 614-384-0020

Thank you very much for your help. I have experience with Asterisk but
on my Debian not on my centos. It is serving as DECT server for
telephony calls. It can provide sip calls as well. Do you mean it can
event provide fax over ip?

Old 09-13-2011, 05:50 AM
Christopher Chan

On Tuesday, September 13, 2011 11:51 AM, hadi motamedi wrote:

> Thank you very much for your help. I have experience with Asterisk but
> on my Debian not on my centos. It is serving as DECT server for
> telephony calls. It can provide sip calls as well. Do you mean it can
> event provide fax over ip?

You're using asterisk with telephony hardware but you cannot think that
one out!?

Any blinking pots line will do fax (the possible speeds will vary
according to the quality of the line yes) and all you need is to find a
way to interface your 'fax' with it.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:32 AM
hadi motamedi