Old 09-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Dotan Cohen

Default No MySQL password in ps aux!

I just noticed that some CentOS 4 or 5 machine that I don't admin but
have root access to hides MySQL passwords from ps:

Console 1:
$ mysql -u root -pSECRET
mysql >

Console2:
# ps aux
root 32165 0.0 0.1 109408 2204 pts/1 Ss+ 11:19 0:00 mysql
-u root -px xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That is really nice, is it a MySQL feature or a CentOS feature? I have
some other servers that I _do_ admin and I'd like to enable this.

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il