Old 09-09-2011, 05:10 AM
John Hinton

Default Postfix Question - CentOS 6

I'm trying to figure out if this is a bug...

I'm running Postfix with Dovecot Authentication and have Amavisd-new as
the front end. I fought with the install and in particular being able to
send mail.... Auth failed. Hours of looking through all the config files
yielded nothing... so I started Googling about. I finally found a
comment at the bottom of a blog to check permissions on:

/var/spool/postfix/private/auth

It seems this must be owned by postfix but it was owned by root.

So, can somebody check to see if this is there in a CentOS 6 Postfix
install where Amavis is not installed? And if so, what are the default
permissions?

Thanks,
John Hinton

Old 09-09-2011, 05:28 AM
Steve Walsh

On 09/09/2011 03:10 PM, John Hinton wrote:
> So, can somebody check to see if this is there in a CentOS 6 Postfix
> install where Amavis is not installed? And if so, what are the default
> permissions?

Not present on a clean C6 install.

Mind you, it's also not present after installing dovecot and amavisd-new
(from epel), so I'm convinced it's part of a package per-se. According
to the postfix SASL config (http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html),
it's configured in dovecot.conf.

Maybe take a look at what
http://wiki.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixAndDovecotSASL says about it?