-   -   HBA port (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/573430-hba-port.html)

Paras pradhan 09-08-2011 10:54 PM

HBA port

Hi,

I have a host which is connected to SAN via single Fibre channel HBA
(qlogic). I have several LUNS assigned to this (sdc, sdd). I added
another single port HBA to this host. I can now see two world wide
names.

Now the confusion is which world wide name does sdc and sdd is/was using.

scsi_id -g -u -s /block/sdc only gives wwid but I need the wwn for sdc and sdd.

Thanks
Paras.

Peter Kjellstr÷m 09-09-2011 07:42 AM

HBA port

On Friday, September 09, 2011 12:54:51 AM Paras pradhan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a host which is connected to SAN via single Fibre channel HBA
> (qlogic). I have several LUNS assigned to this (sdc, sdd). I added
> another single port HBA to this host. I can now see two world wide
> names.
>
> Now the confusion is which world wide name does sdc and sdd is/was using.
>
> scsi_id -g -u -s /block/sdc only gives wwid but I need the wwn for sdc and
> sdd.

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for but info on the local fc
port through which a device is seen can be found in:
/sys/class/fc_host/hostX/
where X is the scsi host number (which can be seen in lsscsi output for
example.

If you want info on a remote port have a look in:
/sys/class/fc_remote_ports/rport-XXXXXX/

Mapping scsi dev to rport-XXXXXX can be done via:
/sys/class/fc_transport/targetSCSI-ID/port_name

(or you could just build lsscsi >=0.19 and use the -t option).

/Peter