Old 09-08-2011, 05:56 PM

Default Problems with the epel GPG key

I just went to install fail2ban, and it kept failing, complaining about
the EPEL GPG key. It was installed... and yum worked, once I did
ln -s /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6 /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL

Small problem there....

mark

Old 09-09-2011, 10:25 AM
John Doe

From: "m.roth@5-cent.us" <m.roth@5-cent.us>

> I just went to install fail2ban, and it kept failing, complaining about
> the EPEL GPG key. It was installed... and yum worked, once I did
> ln -s /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6 /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL

You did not say on whichCentOS version but, works without the link on 6.0...
JD

Old 09-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Karanbir Singh

> I just went to install fail2ban, and it kept failing, complaining about
> the EPEL GPG key. It was installed... and yum worked, once I did
> ln -s /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6 /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL

and this isnt the epel list! I am sure they would like to know if there
is a problem with content they ship

- KB

Old 09-09-2011, 12:31 PM
John Doe

> I just went to install fail2ban, and it kept failing, complaining about
> the EPEL GPG key. It was installed... and yum worked, once I did
> ln -s /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6 /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL

Oops, it installed for me but it was in fact the repoforge package...

JD

Old 09-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Tony Schreiner

On Sep 9, 2011, at 6:46 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> On 09/08/2011 06:56 PM, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
>> I just went to install fail2ban, and it kept failing, complaining
>> about
>> the EPEL GPG key. It was installed... and yum worked, once I did
>> ln -s /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6 /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-
>> KEY-EPEL
>>

> and this isnt the epel list! I am sure they would like to know if
> there
> is a problem with content they ship

to the original:

what version of epel-release is installed?

epel-release-5-4 contains /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL

epel-release-6-5 contains /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6

Tony

Old 09-09-2011, 03:30 PM

Tony Schreiner wrote:

> On Sep 9, 2011, at 6:46 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>> On 09/08/2011 06:56 PM, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
>>> I just went to install fail2ban, and it kept failing, complaining
>>> about the EPEL GPG key. It was installed... and yum worked, once I did
>>> ln -s /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6 /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-
>>> KEY-EPEL
<snip>
> to the original:
>
> what version of epel-release is installed?
>
> epel-release-5-4 contains /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL
>
> epel-release-6-5 contains /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6

The latter is what's installed. yum on 6 WAS LOOKING FOR RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL.
As I said, it failed because it said it was looking for that, and was
*not* looking for /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6.

mark