-   -   Centos6: missing link for mysqlclient (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/573273-centos6-missing-link-mysqlclient.html)

Helmut Drodofsky 09-08-2011 03:27 PM

Centos6: missing link for mysqlclient

Hallo,
*
I am installing snort from source.
*
Besides of a lot of additional libraries, I needed a link
*
ln -vfs /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.16 /usr/lib64/libmysqlclient.so
*
Are there reasons not to install with yum install mysql-devel ?
*
I have found many discussions to add this link in context of installing from source, nor only for snort.
*
Best regards
Helmut
*
*

John Doe 09-08-2011 04:11 PM

Centos6: missing link for mysqlclient

From: Helmut Drodofsky <drodofsky@internet-xs.de>

>I am installing snort from source.
>Besides of a lot of additional libraries, I needed a link
>ln -vfs /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.16 /usr/lib64/libmysqlclient.so
>Are there reasons not to install with yum install mysql-devel ?
>I have found many discussions to add this link in context of installing from source, nor only for snort.

Maybe you needed to tell configure where to find the libs...
$ ./configure --help | grep mysql
* --with-mysql=DIR************** Support for MySQL
* --with-mysql-includes=DIR***** MySQL include directory
* --with-mysql-libraries=DIR**** MySQL library directory