Old 09-08-2011, 01:40 PM
"Lisandro Grullon"

Default Conga problems

Hi James,
I have been having all sort of issues playing with conga is 6.x as well. To the point that I am giving up on it until I find a how to properly configure this .

>>> James Edwards <jedwards@bsdftw.org> 9/8/2011 9:36 AM >>>
Hi all,

I've spent the past little while attempting to setup Conga on a two node
CentOS 6 cluster.* While I do have the cluster up and running, I'm
running into problems attempting to start services through luci on
either node.

A little background information:
-Both nodes have dual NICs, one interface on each node will be used for
the WAN, the other is a private gigabit crossover link between the nodes.
-Both nodes are in /etc/hosts
-The nodes are up to date, and both are running x86_64
-SELinux and iptables have both been disabled
-To get the cluster running, luci, ricci, and their dependencies were
installed, and 'service start ricci', then 'service start luci' where
issued.* ricci created certs when first run.

The problem is: I've successfully created an IP resource through luci,
but when attempting to start it through 'Services', it fails to start
and I get the following error in /var/log/luci/luci.log:

07:32:33,648 INFO* [luci.controllers.cluster] User "root" started
service "ip failover" in cluster "MailCluster"
07:32:33,654 ERROR [luci.lib.ricci_communicator] Unable to establish an
SSL connection to mail01.mydomain.com:11111: _ssl.c:480:
error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol
Traceback (most recent call last):
** File
"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/luci/lib/ricci_communicator.py", line
56, in __init__
**** self.ss.connect((self.__hostname, self.__port))
** File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/ssl.py", line 309, in connect
**** self.do_handshake()
** File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/ssl.py", line 293, in do_handshake
**** self._sslobj.do_handshake()
SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:480: error:140770FC:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

When I connect to port 11111 using openssl, I receive
'Clients_SSL_certificate_required' and the connection closes.

Also, netstat reports:
tcp******* 0***** 0 :::11111*******************
:::************************ LISTEN***** 9745/ricci

I hope I've provided enough information, but any input or thoughts would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
James

Old 09-08-2011, 02:15 PM
James Edwards

On 9/8/2011 9:40 AM, Lisandro Grullon wrote:
> Hi James,
> I have been having all sort of issues playing with conga is 6.x as
> well. To the point that I am giving up on it until I find a how to
> properly configure this .

I've been pulling my hair out about this, and its just one of many
things that has driven me nuts within 6.0. I was able to get this
working in 5.6, but unfortunately, that is a route I can't take for this
project because the powers that be are concerned about future support
(i.e. updates). I personally just want what works and what will work.

I've come across other somewhat viable solutions, but I'm also kind of
limited in the options I can take, because without a web interface (or
god forbid a GUI) I'm concerned that no one else would ever know what is
going on with the systems/cluster.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:39 PM
"Lisandro Grullon"

Certainly something of concern James...the best thing for us is to keep digging and see if we find anything in howtoforge or other sites as such. information for RHEL 6.x appears very limited in a cluster like fashion. keep us posted if you find the solution.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Rajagopal Swaminathan

Greetings,

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 7:06 PM, James Edwards <jedwards@bsdftw.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've spent the past little while attempting to setup Conga on a two node
> CentOS 6 cluster. *While I do have the cluster up and running, I'm
> running into problems attempting to start services through luci on
> either node.

I sincerely feel that this query goes to linux-cluster list.

You will mostly get answers there.

Rajagopal