Old 09-09-2011, 12:29 PM
"Scot P. Floess"

Default CentOS 6: Making KDE Default

Paul,

Its pretty nice and actually runs quite well as a Xen guest (my hardware
at home doesn't support full virtualization)...

I believe its more on par with Fedora 12 (maybe 13?). KDE is fairly
modern (4.2 something I believe). Unfortunately, the KDE version is a
version before the "tabbing unrelated windows" feature that was introduced
in, I believe, 4.3 (its the group window feature)...

Other than that, the GUI feels modern (I happen to run RHEL 6 as my
desktop @ work). Obviously most libraries are fairly recent... If KDE
was a little more modern (aka KDE 4.3+) I'd use it as my desktop OS at
home...

I have noticed that some of my spec files don't work right under 6 - I
don't have an example on hand at the moment...and haven't looked into it
closely yet...

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, Always Learning wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 20:08 -0400, Scot P. Floess wrote:
>> To be honest, I don't need it. I was just commenting to the original
>> poster...
>
> Just the answer to my previous question. What is C6 like compared to
> 5.6 ?
>
> Paul.

Scot P. Floess RHCT (Certificate Number 605010084735240)
Chief Architect FlossWare http://sourceforge.net/projects/flossware
http://flossware.sourceforge.net
https://github.com/organizations/FlossWare