Old 09-09-2011, 12:07 AM
"Scot P. Floess"

Default CentOS 6: Making KDE Default

Sorry, yet another type-o... My VM is CentOS 6.0...uname spells it out

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011, Always Learning wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 16:16 -0400, Scot P. Floess wrote:
>
>> Here is my Centos 5.6 VM:
>>
>> uname -a ; yum search swtichdesk
>>
>> Warning: No matches found for: swtichdesk
>> No Matches found
>

> ******************** ERROR **************
> Just noticed, after typing the bit below, your American spelling of
> Switchdesk is not the same as the European one :-)
>

> My repos are:
>
> ATrpms.repo
> CentOS-Base.repo
> centos-cr.repo
> CentOS-Debuginfo.repo
> CentOS-Media.repo
> CentOS-Vault.repo
> elrepo.repo
> epel.repo
> epel-testing.repo
> kbsingh-CentOS-Misc.repo
> rpmforge21.repo
>
> My yum states that switchdesk is in the Base repo (for 5.6) so it is
> strange your yum can not find it.
>
> Paul.

Scot P. Floess RHCT (Certificate Number 605010084735240)
Chief Architect FlossWare http://sourceforge.net/projects/flossware
http://flossware.sourceforge.net
https://github.com/organizations/FlossWare

Old 09-09-2011, 12:08 AM
"Scot P. Floess"

To be honest, I don't need it. I was just commenting to the original
poster...

Old 09-09-2011, 01:18 AM
Always Learning

Hi Scott,

Can you use one of the alternatives for Switchdesk ?

Paul.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:19 AM
Always Learning

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 20:08 -0400, Scot P. Floess wrote:
> To be honest, I don't need it. I was just commenting to the original
> poster...

Just the answer to my previous question. What is C6 like compared to
5.6 ?

Paul.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:05 AM
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg

Always Learning wrote:
> Just the answer to my previous question. What is C6 like compared to
> 5.6 ?

newer.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:05 AM
Marko Vojinovic

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 3:19 AM, Always Learning <centos@u61.u22.net> wrote:

> Just the answer to my previous question. What is C6 like compared to
> 5.6 ?

It is quite different and not to be compared in any way. C5 was based
on F6, while C6 is based on F12. Differences are quite extreme in some
aspects (for example KDE3 vs KDE4). Even the set of available packages
is different (for example switchdesk).

HTH, :-)
Marko

Old 09-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Always Learning

On Fri, 2011-09-09 at 09:05 +0200, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:

> Always Learning wrote:
> > Just the answer to my previous question. What is C6 like compared to
> > 5.6 ?

> newer.

That is the major problem with Centos - It is boring; it just works :-)

Paul.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Always Learning

On Fri, 2011-09-09 at 09:05 +0200, Marko Vojinovic wrote:

> It is quite different and not to be compared in any way. C5 was based
> on F6, while C6 is based on F12. Differences are quite extreme in some
> aspects (for example KDE3 vs KDE4). Even the set of available packages
> is different (for example switchdesk).

Thank you.

Paul.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:22 PM
"Scot P. Floess"

Paul,

This isn't for me Someone posted the original question and I was
attempting to help

Old 09-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Always Learning

> This isn't for me Someone posted the original question and I was
> attempting to help

Thanks Scott. Have a very nice day and an enjoyable weekend. :-)

Paul.