Old 09-07-2011, 05:01 PM
"Michael D. Berger"

Default CentOS 6: Making KDE Default

I learned from Anne that if I boot to level
5, after I enter the username, can select
Gnome or KDE. I note that the default is
always Gnome.

How can I make the default KDE?

How can I get KDE with startx after booting to level 3?

Thanks,
Mike.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:25 PM
"Scot P. Floess"

In my ~/.xsession I have:

#!/bin/bash
startkde

I think .xsession needs execute permission...can't remember (but thats
what I have mine set as)...

Additionally, I believe that once you select KDE and login (under runlevel
5), it remembers you chose that...

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011, Michael D. Berger wrote:

> I learned from Anne that if I boot to level
> 5, after I enter the username, can select
> Gnome or KDE. I note that the default is
> always Gnome.
>
> How can I make the default KDE?
>
> How can I get KDE with startx after booting to level 3?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike.

Scot P. Floess RHCT (Certificate Number 605010084735240)
Chief Architect FlossWare http://sourceforge.net/projects/flossware
http://flossware.sourceforge.net
https://github.com/organizations/FlossWare