Old 09-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Gene Poole

Default Emulate RHEV On CentOS

Anyone familiar with RHEV (Red Hat Enterprise
Virtualization)? *Any ideas on how to emulate this on CentOS?

Thanks,

Gene Poole

Old 09-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Rudi Ahlers

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Gene Poole <gene.poole@macys.com> wrote:
> Anyone familiar with RHEV (Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization)? *Any ideas on
> how to emulate this on CentOS?
>
> Thanks,
> Gene Poole

You simply need to install the Virtualizartion Group with yum to get it

How good is it?
That will depend on what you prefer to use, between XEN & KVM and what
you have used in the past.

Red Hat (and thus CentOS) has native XEN support but dropped XEN in
favor of KVM (which is not as mature yet) in RH 6.

I think the only real difference between Red Hat's "Enterprise"
Virtualization and CentOS Virtualization Group could be that Red Hat
has a few commercial management tools included. But the underlying
core functionality would be the same. I don't use RH, so I don't know
exactly, this is just an assumtion.

But, be careful of mentioning anything other than actual CentOS
related software on this list. Some people here don't like it and will
get hostile toward you for mentioning it.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com