Old 09-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Helmut Drodofsky

Default CentOS 6: snort, fwlogwatch, initlog

Thank you. I have added rpmforge ...

fwlogwatch needs initlog. Line 27:

initlog -c "$FWLOGWATCH -R -A -X 888 -Pn" && success || failure

In CentOS 5 part of the installation. Not recognized as a dependency in CentOS 6.

Even
yum provides */initlog

has no results.

In Linux Archive http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/491966-initlog-deprecated.html

Is written: initlog is deprecated. What software will replace initlog?

Red Hat says the contrary to Version 6.0:
http://www.redhat.com/support/wpapers/redhat/initscripts/what.html

So I presume, initlog is part of Red Hat 6.0

Helmut