Old 09-05-2011, 01:31 AM
"Joseph L. Casale"

Default Fiel uploading framework

I need to setup something for a group of CAD guys to provide a web interface for
clients/customers to send files to them. I was hoping to have an interface where the
customer would be given a logon and it would email a link to the employee upon his
successful upload. This would require an internal facing site to provision a slot to give
to a customer.

Anyone know of a project like this so I wouldn't have to manage any aspect of it?

Thanks!
jlc

Old 09-05-2011, 05:07 AM
Devin Reade

Joseph L. Casale <jcasale@activenetwerx.com> wrote:

> I need to setup something for a group of CAD guys to provide a
> web interface for clients/customers to send files to them.
[...]
> Anyone know of a project like this so I wouldn't have to manage any
> aspect of it?

I don't know if you mean you don't want to be involved in hosting it
or you just don't want to deal with the daily upload/download aspect.
However, assuming the latter I was doing a search for something similar
in the past and (... Devin looks at his notes ...) I found something that
seemed to be suitable:

<http://openupload.sourceforge.net/>

However I have neither used it nor looked into whether or not it will
install to CentOS. If you try it on CentOS I wouldn't mind hearing
about your experience (offlist is ok).

Devin

Old 09-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Tru Huynh

On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 01:31:59AM +0000, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> I need to setup something for a group of CAD guys to provide a web interface for
> clients/customers to send files to them. I was hoping to have an interface where the
> customer would be given a logon and it would email a link to the employee upon his
> successful upload. This would require an internal facing site to provision a slot to give
> to a customer.
>
> Anyone know of a project like this so I wouldn't have to manage any aspect of it?

http://fex.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/ is a neat tool.

Cheers,

Tru
--
Tru Huynh (mirrors, CentOS i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)

Old 09-05-2011, 02:59 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>http://fex.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/ is a neat tool.
>
>Cheers,