Old 09-04-2011, 02:44 AM
"Michel Donais"

Default big problem at boot

I restarted the a Centos 5.6 server tonight and I
ran in this issue:
*
I was able to boot.
Then instead of a normal boot with graphical
interface the system requested :
'Enter run level'
'INIT'
I typed 5
then I got 'INIT: no more process left in this run
level
*
How can I recover*from *the
situation?
This is a production system back-up are made but
left on the disk and transfer at the end of the day into an other
system
*
---
Michel Donais

Old 09-04-2011, 02:47 AM
Always Learning

On Sat, 2011-09-03 at 22:44 -0400, Michel Donais wrote:

> Then instead of a normal boot with graphical interface the system
> requested :
> 'Enter run level'
> 'INIT'
> I typed 5
> then I got 'INIT: no more process left in this run level

Try 3.

If that does not work try 1 and see if the machine will start.

Paul.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:01 AM
"Lisandro Grullon"

Try looking at your inittab under /etc