Old 09-03-2011, 05:29 AM
hadi motamedi

Default how to install packages via yum using dvd as repo?

Dear All
On my centos 6.0 , how can I install packages via yum using DVD as
repo? Actually, the file size is large and the Internet connection
speed is low so do we have a solution for it? I am using as the
following but unsuccessful :
#yum --enablerepo=c6-media install gimp

Old 09-03-2011, 08:18 AM
hadi motamedi

On 9/3/11, hadi motamedi <motamedi24@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
> On my centos 6.0 , how can I install packages via yum using DVD as
> repo? Actually, the file size is large and the Internet connection
> speed is low so do we have a solution for it? I am using as the
> following but unsuccessful :
> #yum --enablerepo=c6-media install gimp

Dear All
I did further search about the mentioned issue and I found that the
baseurl under /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Media.repo must be modified
accordingly. It is now successful.