-   -   how to install packages via yum using dvd as repo? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/571380-how-install-packages-via-yum-using-dvd-repo.html)

hadi motamedi 09-03-2011 05:29 AM

how to install packages via yum using dvd as repo?

Dear All
On my centos 6.0 , how can I install packages via yum using DVD as
repo? Actually, the file size is large and the Internet connection
speed is low so do we have a solution for it? I am using as the
following but unsuccessful :
#yum --enablerepo=c6-media install gimp

hadi motamedi 09-03-2011 08:18 AM

On 9/3/11, hadi motamedi <motamedi24@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
> On my centos 6.0 , how can I install packages via yum using DVD as
> repo? Actually, the file size is large and the Internet connection
> speed is low so do we have a solution for it? I am using as the
> following but unsuccessful :
> #yum --enablerepo=c6-media install gimp

Dear All
I did further search about the mentioned issue and I found that the
baseurl under /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Media.repo must be modified
accordingly. It is now successful.