-   -   Continuous releases and repository protection (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/570934-continuous-releases-repository-protection.html)

"James A. Peltier" 09-01-2011 05:15 PM

Continuous releases and repository protection

Maybe I missed something, but it appears that the CR repository is not compatible with yum priorities & possibly repository protection. I had priority=1 set on [base] and [updates] and no updates appeared. However, when I removed priority updates from cr became visible. Is this expected? Did I miss this announcement on -devel or such because I searched but couldn't find it.

--
James A. Peltier
IT Services - Research Computing Group

Rob Kampen 09-01-2011 05:21 PM

James A. Peltier wrote:

Maybe I missed something, but it appears that the CR repository is not compatible with yum priorities & possibly repository protection. I had priority=1 set on [base] and [updates] and no updates appeared. However, when I removed priority updates from cr became visible. Is this expected? Did I miss this announcement on -devel or such because I searched but couldn't find it.

The updates need the same priority as the base you are trying to update
otherwise they are ignored - thus for cr you need 1.

HTH

"James A. Peltier" 09-01-2011 05:35 PM

Continuous releases and repository protection

| > Maybe I missed something, but it appears that the CR repository is
| > not compatible with yum priorities & possibly repository protection.
| > I had priority=1 set on [base] and [updates] and no updates
| > appeared. However, when I removed priority updates from cr became
| > visible. Is this expected? Did I miss this announcement on -devel or
| > such because I searched but couldn't find it.
| >

| The updates need the same priority as the base you are trying to
| update
| otherwise they are ignored - thus for cr you need 1.
| HTH

That's what I expected but couldn't find an announcement about it so thought I would get it documented.