Old 09-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Timo Schoeler

Default Timeframe for httpd update (CVE-2011-3192)

Old 09-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Karanbir Singh

On 09/01/2011 11:15 AM, Timo Schoeler wrote:
> is there any time frame foreseeable for KB providing an update for httpd?

the rpm is already pushed, should be on the mirrors now'ish.

> (Given that 5.7 is still to be done, 6.1, etc., and due to the fact
> there is "no such thing as a CentOS community", as was discussed end of
> 2010/early 2011. That's why I'm *not* going to provide my diff -- I'm
> not willing to spend my work into an entity that denies transparency.)

no one asked you to do anything. Also, because you cant get your head
around things does not imply that no one else does.

- KB

Old 09-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Always Learning

On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 14:47 +0200, Timo Schoeler wrote:

> thus Always Learning spake:

> > Please remember excellent CENTOS is a FREE product produced by
> > VOLUNTEERS.

> First possibility: I don't get your sarcasm.

Timo,

My comment was not intended to be sarcastic. It was a factual statement
made by me because I am always aware how lucky we are to have a good,
stable and reliable operating system created (or converted) and
maintained by volunteers.

The volunteers have ordinary lives and paying jobs in addition to their
voluntary tasks for Centos. They can have very busy days, sick days and
problems with their paying work, family, friends and community et cetera
which reduce the time and energy they have for their Centos
volunteering. Despite this, I think the volunteers do a praise-worthy
job which benefits all of us.

Being realistic, pragmatic and understanding is probably advantageous.

Mfg,

Paul.