-   -   CentOS 6, KDE 4: bad DNS traffic (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/570643-centos-6-kde-4-bad-dns-traffic.html)

"Michael D. Berger" 08-31-2011 06:22 PM

CentOS 6, KDE 4: bad DNS traffic

On my new CentOS 6, KDE 4, running WireShark I see what appears
to be frequent nonsensical DNS queries, for example:
"settings-personal.desktop" and "settings-system.desktop".
The DNS response is always:"No such name". Do tell!
These appear especially when I click on things on the KDE
menus. On my old CentOS 5 box, on the same LAN, I see no
such thing. I note that I have replaced the original
/etc/hosts with my own. Might these have been resolved
in the original?

Thanks for your comments.
Mike.