FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Always Learning
 
Default Centos 5.6 : No YUM Updates ?

Hi Gian,


> Please have a look there:
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=732928


Thank you. However my concern is the apparent absence of regular Centos
5.6 updates (revisions and improvements). Accustomed to regularly seeing
the updates GUI inform me of new updates, I have noticed its recent
inactivity.

Paul.

--
With best regards,

Paul.
England,
EU.


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 08-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Mohammadreza Ansari
 
Default Centos 5.6 : No YUM Updates ?

any patch for this bug?

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Always Learning <centos@u61.u22.net> wrote:



Hi Gian,





> Please have a look there:

>

> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=732928





Thank you. However my concern is the apparent absence of regular Centos

5.6 updates (revisions and improvements). Accustomed to regularly seeing

the updates GUI inform me of new updates, I have noticed its recent

inactivity.



Paul.



--

With best regards,



Paul.

England,

EU.





_______________________________________________

CentOS mailing list

CentOS@centos.org

http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos



_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 08-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default Centos 5.6 : No YUM Updates ?

hi,


On 08/30/2011 02:47 PM, Mohammadreza Ansari wrote:
> any patch for this bug?
> >
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=732928
>

follow that bugreport, patches and fix's into the distro will be
announced there first.

Also, please dont top post.

- KB
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 08-30-2011, 02:16 PM
 
Default Centos 5.6 : No YUM Updates ?

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 08/30/2011 02:47 PM, Mohammadreza Ansari wrote:
>> any patch for this bug?
>> >
>> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=732928
>
> follow that bugreport, patches and fix's into the distro will be
> announced there first.

Thanks, Karanbir, for the quick response. Wonder how M$ would have
responded...? <g>

mark

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Florin Andrei
 
Default Centos 5.6 : No YUM Updates ?

On 08/30/2011 06:24 AM, Always Learning wrote:
>
> Always Used to seeing regular GUI notices of updates, I also noticed the
> absence of any.
>
> Applications
> System Tools
> Software Updater
>
> produces none. Neither does
>
> yum update

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2011-August/017689.html

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Always Learning
 
Default Centos 5.6 : No YUM Updates ?

On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 12:51 -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:

> On 08/30/2011 06:24 AM, Always Learning wrote:
> >
> > Always Used to seeing regular GUI notices of updates, I also noticed the
> > absence of any.
> >
> > Applications
> > System Tools
> > Software Updater
> >
> > produces none. Neither does
> >
> > yum update

> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2011-August/017689.html

Thank you. I discovered the cause was the Priority in the CR repo was
set at 10. When I set it to 1, the same as the base repo, yum found
files to install.

Best regards,

Paul.


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-03-2011, 05:50 AM
Luigi Rosa
 
Default Centos 5.6 : No YUM Updates ?

Florin Andrei said the following on 02/09/11 21:51:

> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2011-August/017689.html

Is there something similiar for CentOS 6?


Ciao,
luigi

--
/
+--[Luigi Rosa]--


Superior ability breeds superior ambition.
--Spock, "Space Seed"
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Emmanuel Noobadmin
 
Default Centos 5.6 : No YUM Updates ?

On 9/3/11, Luigi Rosa <lists@luigirosa.com> wrote:
> Florin Andrei said the following on 02/09/11 21:51:
>
>> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2011-August/017689.html
>
> Is there something similiar for CentOS 6?

There was supposed to be a CR for 6 as well, at least I saw it
mentioned a few weeks back but searching now, it doesn't seemed to
have materialized.
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Dennis Jacobfeuerborn
 
Default Centos 5.6 : No YUM Updates ?

On 09/03/2011 09:24 AM, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
> On 9/3/11, Luigi Rosa<lists@luigirosa.com> wrote:
>> Florin Andrei said the following on 02/09/11 21:51:
>>
>>> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2011-August/017689.html
>>
>> Is there something similiar for CentOS 6?
>
> There was supposed to be a CR for 6 as well, at least I saw it
> mentioned a few weeks back but searching now, it doesn't seemed to
> have materialized.

That is unfortunate because at the moment I have to use a Scientific Linux
kernel package on my new machines because of a bug in the 6.0 kernels.

Regards,
Dennis
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default Centos 5.6 : No YUM Updates ?

Hi Guys,

On 09/03/2011 01:15 PM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> That is unfortunate because at the moment I have to use a Scientific Linux
> kernel package on my new machines because of a bug in the 6.0 kernels.

Sorry about that. I'm working with the 6.0/cr stuff this weekend ( in
short sprints, but plenty of them ). I will start uploading the rpms
into the mirror.c.o network by Sunday night.

I highly recommend signup for the centos-cr-announce list to keep track
of whats available in the cr/ repos.

- KB
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:24 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org