Old 08-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Helmut Drodofsky

Default CentOS 6 IPv6: neighbor and restart network

Hallo,
*
for using the ipv6 neighbor functions, I have to execute commands like
ip -6 neigh add proxy 2001::211:d8ff:fe97:3273 dev eth0
to publish the ip of computers in the subnet.
*
To execute them on reboot, I have included these commands in /etc/rc.d/rc.local
*
Also after each restart of the network, I have to execute these commands too.
*
So: how can I always execute
*
/etc/rc.d/rc.local
*
after
*
service network restart
*
My idea:
Is it possible to rename /etc/network to /etc/network_original and to create a new shell script /etc/network to execute both?
*
Other/better advice?
*
Thank you for help in advance.