-   -   Postfix not set top start after upgrade (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/569848-postfix-not-set-top-start-after-upgrade.html)

Micha Silver 08-30-2011 06:02 AM

Postfix not set top start after upgrade

I noticed that after the lastest yum update on CentOS 5.6 we get Postfix
2.3.3, but the status of the postfix service (chkconfig --list postfix)
changes to off. So after a reboot, it doesn't start automatically.
I don't recall this ever happening before. Is this by design? A
packaging error?

Thanks,
Micha

John Doe 08-30-2011 10:33 AM

Postfix not set top start after upgrade

From: Micha Silver <micha@arava.co.il>

> I noticed that after the lastest yum update on CentOS 5.6 we get Postfix
> 2.3.3, but the status of the postfix service (chkconfig --list postfix)
> changes to off. So after a reboot, it doesn't start automatically.
> I don't recall this ever happening before. Is this by design? A
> packaging error?

I did not see any chkconfig off in the rpm script...
* $ rpm -q --scripts postfix | grep chkconfig
* /sbin/chkconfig --add postfix
** ** /sbin/chkconfig --del postfix

JD

Micha Silver 08-30-2011 11:58 AM

Postfix not set top start after upgrade

I noticed that after the lastest yum update on CentOS 5.6 we get Postfix
2.3.3, but the status of the postfix service (chkconfig --list postfix)
changes to off. So after a reboot, it doesn't start automatically.
I don't recall this ever happening before. Is this by design? A
packaging error?

I did not see any chkconfig off in the rpm script...
* $ rpm -q --scripts postfix | grep chkconfig
* /sbin/chkconfig --add postfix
** ** /sbin/chkconfig --del postfix

What about that last line? It would remove postfix from chkconfig
management, and remove all links in rc*.d, no??

Thanks,

Micha

JD

This mail was received via Mail-SeCure System.

John Doe 08-30-2011 01:01 PM

Postfix not set top start after upgrade

From: Micha Silver <micha@arava.co.il>
> On 30/08/2011 13:33, John Doe wrote:
>From: Micha Silver <micha@arava.co.il>
>>I noticed that after the lastest yum update on CentOS 5.6 we get Postfix
2.3.3, but the status of the postfix service (chkconfig --list postfix)
changes to off. So after a reboot, it doesn't start automatically.
I don't recall this ever happening before. Is this by design? A
packaging error?
>>I did not see any chkconfig off in the rpm script...
* $ rpm -q --scripts postfix | grep chkconfig
* /sbin/chkconfig --add postfix
** ** /sbin/chkconfig --del postfix
>What about that last line? It would remove postfix from chkconfig
****management, and remove all links in rc*.d, no??

I would expect the last line to be called when you uninstall, not when you update...

Maybe it could be the "alternatives ...--initscript postfix"?

JD