-   -   mail.centos.org : packets to strange ports (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/569757-mail-centos-org-packets-strange-ports.html)

Always Learning 08-30-2011 12:29 AM

mail.centos.org : packets to strange ports

Reading a daily Logwatch report I noticed mail.centos.org
sending packets to my outgoing mail server. The packets were blocked by
IPtables.

>From 72.26.200.202 - 18 packets
To xx.xx.xx.xx - 18 packets
Service: 33120 (tcp/33120) - 2 packets
Service: 33906 (tcp/33906) - 4 packets
Service: 39856 (tcp/39856) - 2 packets
Service: 42049 (tcp/42049) - 2 packets
Service: 54517 (tcp/54517) - 2 packets
Service: 54792 (tcp/54792) - 4 packets
Service: 58445 (tcp/58445) - 2 packets

I thought all outgoing mail dialogue was conducted on port 25. Incoming
mail from Centos is usually received by a different server.

Thanks,

Paul.

--
With best regards,

Paul.
England,
EU.

Karanbir Singh 08-30-2011 09:43 AM

On 08/30/2011 01:29 AM, Always Learning wrote:

> Reading a daily Logwatch report I noticed mail.centos.org
> sending packets to my outgoing mail server. The packets were blocked by
> IPtables.

issues of this nature should be reported at bugs.centos.org against the
infrastructure project.

- KB