Old 08-29-2011, 06:52 PM
"Michael D. Berger"

Default CentOS 6: bootup display

On my old CentOS 5, when it boots up (to level 3) it displays
a line for each of the things it is starting as it does it. I
found that quite useful. On my new CentOS 6, while it is
booting up, it displays a useless CentOS trademark picture.
Is there a way to get the old kind of display in CentOS 6?

Thanks,
Mike.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:59 PM

Michael D. Berger wrote:
> On my old CentOS 5, when it boots up (to level 3) it displays
> a line for each of the things it is starting as it does it. I
> found that quite useful. On my new CentOS 6, while it is
> booting up, it displays a useless CentOS trademark picture.
> Is there a way to get the old kind of display in CentOS 6?

Yes. vi /etc/grub.conf (or /boot/grub/grub.conf, the former's a link to
the latter), and edit the kernel line to remove rhgb quiet

I hate that damn crap, but I suppose it's for WinDoze or Mac people who
are terribly confused by seeing it all....

mark

Old 08-29-2011, 07:03 PM
David

At 11:52 AM 8/29/2011, you wrote:
>On my old CentOS 5, when it boots up (to level 3) it displays
>a line for each of the things it is starting as it does it. I
>found that quite useful. On my new CentOS 6, while it is
>booting up, it displays a useless CentOS trademark picture.
>Is there a way to get the old kind of display in CentOS 6?
>
>Thanks,
>Mike.

If you're watching it, hit any function key.

If you're not near the keyboard, then ..... ?????

David