Old 08-30-2011, 11:11 AM
"Brent L. Bates"

Default (c 5.6) Running 2 versions of Apache ?

If they are looking for Micro$loth specific pages, I redirect them to
Micro$loth's Web site. I figure if they want Micro$loth stuff, may as well
send them to the source. :-)

Old 09-02-2011, 01:52 AM
Always Learning

On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 16:24 -0400, John Hinton wrote:

> If you can get a good list of what is requested, such as the one started
> above, and 'if' none of those pages exist, you can use modrewrite to
> redirect them to 127.0.0.1. Effectively sending the request back to
> themselves. That irritates them. Can be done on a per domain basis or
> serverwide for those regular attempts into what might exist on any
> server. For instance, I regularly see phpmyadmin references. I don't run
> that on any servers, but they come looking.

Thank you.

I've done it server-wide which extends protection to the virtual hosts.

RedirectMatch 301 ^(.*)admin(.*)$ http://127.0.0.1/hacker-alert

Paul.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:01 AM
Always Learning

On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 15:57 -0600, Corey Henderson wrote:

> Or install a security module to do that for you. One that I've written
> that is nearing the end of its beta:
>
> https://github.com/cormander/tpe-lkm
>
> In some cases, you can even tell it to let apache not exec anything at
> all, if you're not running cgi scripts or bytecode php deployments (zend,
> etc).

Corey,

What do you mean by 'bytecode php deployments' ? Ordinary PHP scripts ?

Thanks,

Paul.