Old 08-29-2011, 03:54 PM

Default rpm and /etc/cron.daily/rpm

The rpm package used to provide
/etc/cron.daily/rpm
/etc/logrotate.d/rpm

I see /usr/lib/rpm/rpm.log and rpm.daily, which looks like they're
intended for that purpose. Anyone have any idea why they're not in
cron.daily and logrotate.d?

mark

Old 08-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Greg Bailey

On 08/29/2011 08:54 AM, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
> The rpm package used to provide
> /etc/cron.daily/rpm
> /etc/logrotate.d/rpm
>
> I see /usr/lib/rpm/rpm.log and rpm.daily, which looks like they're
> intended for that purpose. Anyone have any idea why they're not in
> cron.daily and logrotate.d?

Looks like those files are now provided by the "rpm-cron" package in
RHEL 6 / CentOS 6.

-Greg

Old 08-29-2011, 04:49 PM

Greg Bailey wrote:
> On 08/29/2011 08:54 AM, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
>> The rpm package used to provide
>> /etc/cron.daily/rpm
>> /etc/logrotate.d/rpm
>>
>> I see /usr/lib/rpm/rpm.log and rpm.daily, which looks like they're
>> intended for that purpose. Anyone have any idea why they're not in
>> cron.daily and logrotate.d?
>
> Looks like those files are now provided by the "rpm-cron" package in
> RHEL 6 / CentOS 6.

Thanks, Greg. Though it seems really dumb and pointless to make a separate
package just to run something that's already in the rpm package.

mark

Old 08-29-2011, 04:49 PM

Old 08-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Always Learning

On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 12:49 -0400, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:

> Greg Bailey wrote:
> > Looks like those files are now provided by the "rpm-cron" package in
> > RHEL 6 / CentOS 6.

> Thanks, Greg. Though it seems really dumb and pointless to make a separate
> package just to run something that's already in the rpm package.

Brilliant job creation scheme to increase State and Federal tax yields.

Paul.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:09 PM
R P Herrold

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011, Always Learning wrote:

> Brilliant job creation scheme to increase State and Federal tax yields.

'Always'

-- if you are going to post cr*p, at least have the courtesy
to not CROSS post to Red Hat lists and here

-- Russ herrold

Old 08-29-2011, 05:12 PM

Always Learning wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 12:49 -0400, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
>> Greg Bailey wrote:
>> > Looks like those files are now provided by the "rpm-cron" package in
>> > RHEL 6 / CentOS 6.
>
>> Thanks, Greg. Though it seems really dumb and pointless to make a
>> separate package just to run something that's already in the rpm package.
>
> Brilliant job creation scheme to increase State and Federal tax yields.

Huh? Sounds more like some corporate micromanagement to me, hypothetically
to increase support revenues.

mark

Old 08-29-2011, 05:13 PM

R P Herrold wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2011, Always Learning wrote:
>
>> Brilliant job creation scheme to increase State and Federal tax yields.
>
> 'Always'
>
> -- if you are going to post cr*p, at least have the courtesy
> to not CROSS post to Red Hat lists and here

Russ, my fault - I'd crossposted to here and the general RH list. Dunno if
I should consider filing this as a bug or not with upstream.

mark

Old 08-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Always Learning

On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 13:09 -0400, R P Herrold wrote:

> -- if you are going to post cr*p, at least have the courtesy
> to not CROSS post to Red Hat lists and here

I cancelled it from the Red Hat moderation queue, because, as
intelligent people know, one can not post to lists one is not subscribed
to. This means it did not appear on the Red Hat list; so why are you
complaining ?

Paul.

Always Learning - are you ?