-   -   rpm and /etc/cron.daily/rpm (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/569564-rpm-etc-cron-daily-rpm.html)

08-29-2011 03:54 PM

rpm and /etc/cron.daily/rpm

The rpm package used to provide
/etc/cron.daily/rpm
/etc/logrotate.d/rpm

I see /usr/lib/rpm/rpm.log and rpm.daily, which looks like they're
intended for that purpose. Anyone have any idea why they're not in
cron.daily and logrotate.d?

mark

Greg Bailey 08-29-2011 04:05 PM

rpm and /etc/cron.daily/rpm

On 08/29/2011 08:54 AM, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
> The rpm package used to provide
> /etc/cron.daily/rpm
> /etc/logrotate.d/rpm
>
> I see /usr/lib/rpm/rpm.log and rpm.daily, which looks like they're
> intended for that purpose. Anyone have any idea why they're not in
> cron.daily and logrotate.d?

Looks like those files are now provided by the "rpm-cron" package in
RHEL 6 / CentOS 6.

-Greg

08-29-2011 04:49 PM

rpm and /etc/cron.daily/rpm

Greg Bailey wrote:
> On 08/29/2011 08:54 AM, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
>> The rpm package used to provide
>> /etc/cron.daily/rpm
>> /etc/logrotate.d/rpm
>>
>> I see /usr/lib/rpm/rpm.log and rpm.daily, which looks like they're
>> intended for that purpose. Anyone have any idea why they're not in
>> cron.daily and logrotate.d?
>
> Looks like those files are now provided by the "rpm-cron" package in
> RHEL 6 / CentOS 6.

Thanks, Greg. Though it seems really dumb and pointless to make a separate
package just to run something that's already in the rpm package.

mark

08-29-2011 04:49 PM

rpm and /etc/cron.daily/rpm

Always Learning 08-29-2011 04:52 PM

rpm and /etc/cron.daily/rpm

On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 12:49 -0400, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:

> Greg Bailey wrote:
> > Looks like those files are now provided by the "rpm-cron" package in
> > RHEL 6 / CentOS 6.

> Thanks, Greg. Though it seems really dumb and pointless to make a separate
> package just to run something that's already in the rpm package.

Brilliant job creation scheme to increase State and Federal tax yields.

Paul.

R P Herrold 08-29-2011 05:09 PM

rpm and /etc/cron.daily/rpm

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011, Always Learning wrote:

> Brilliant job creation scheme to increase State and Federal tax yields.

'Always'

-- if you are going to post cr*p, at least have the courtesy
to not CROSS post to Red Hat lists and here

-- Russ herrold

08-29-2011 05:12 PM

rpm and /etc/cron.daily/rpm

Always Learning wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 12:49 -0400, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
>> Greg Bailey wrote:
>> > Looks like those files are now provided by the "rpm-cron" package in
>> > RHEL 6 / CentOS 6.
>
>> Thanks, Greg. Though it seems really dumb and pointless to make a
>> separate package just to run something that's already in the rpm package.
>
> Brilliant job creation scheme to increase State and Federal tax yields.

Huh? Sounds more like some corporate micromanagement to me, hypothetically
to increase support revenues.

mark

08-29-2011 05:13 PM

rpm and /etc/cron.daily/rpm

R P Herrold wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2011, Always Learning wrote:
>
>> Brilliant job creation scheme to increase State and Federal tax yields.
>
> 'Always'
>
> -- if you are going to post cr*p, at least have the courtesy
> to not CROSS post to Red Hat lists and here

Russ, my fault - I'd crossposted to here and the general RH list. Dunno if
I should consider filing this as a bug or not with upstream.

mark

Always Learning 08-29-2011 05:19 PM

rpm and /etc/cron.daily/rpm

On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 13:09 -0400, R P Herrold wrote:

> -- if you are going to post cr*p, at least have the courtesy
> to not CROSS post to Red Hat lists and here

I cancelled it from the Red Hat moderation queue, because, as
intelligent people know, one can not post to lists one is not subscribed
to. This means it did not appear on the Red Hat list; so why are you
complaining ?

Paul.

Always Learning - are you ?